Just off the scenic East Coast Road, down South India and close to the Odiyur lake, is Anasuya Eco-Habitat. Home to a variety of native & migratory birds, with suitable soil that has been maintained free of all chemicals.
The area is one of the most fertile regions on the East Coast Road, close to Chennai.
Factors that influenced the decision 14 years ago…
- Organic land with good soil condition
- Close to city – 90 Kilometers from Chennai and 60 from Pondicherry on the ECR
- Scenic drive – one of the top 5 in the country
The Architect that I was looking for
A Divine Timing - After 10 years into the project and looking for an Architect for natural homes, meeting the Architect from Auroville referred by a close friend, who happened to be a great friend and neighbor for a couple of years during my teens.
- Biodiversity of flora by planting a diverse variety of native species of trees, shrubs, and bushes
- Plant biodiversity will in turn attract a range of fauna from soil microbes, soil organisms, beneficial insects such as bees and butterflies as pollinators, to birds and small mammals
- Soil rejuvenation through the biomass generated out of the flora
- Natural farming methods that such an ecosystem can support without the use of external inputs and chemicals
- A diversity of edible crops to include self sustaining perennials that need less care and will feed us all through the year and some annuals that are seasonal with one harvest per year.
An inspired community of Artisans who are finding their space by going back to the roots.
We have an Experience Center to give a glimpse into the following activities and workshops…
Technology: An incubator program for creating rural entrepreneurs through vocational training.
- Project 1 : AME machine creation course.
Farming: Nanotechnology biofertiliser to grow organic crops and education to local farmers to use new age technology with native seeds.
Housing: ‘Handmade homes’ workshops to create own homes for people interested to lead a harmonious life with like-minded community.
Farm School: Education workshops with the basics of Food, Clothing and Shelter.
Wellness Center: Mind and Body workshops for mental & physical wellbeing organized by professional coaches.
Meet The Ideation Team
“Creativity is not the finding of a thing, but the making something out of it after it is found.” – James Russell Lowell
Chief Planner and Architect
Food Forest Designer
Meet The Execution Team
“Ideas are yesterday, execution is today and excellence will see you into tomorrow.” – Julian Hall
Founder – Social Entrepreneur
Tara Madan Gopal
Co-Founder – Head of Operations